Monday 2 September 2013

34 - RAL 11 - Sittin'n The Warm Breeze

Just so both of you know, it is a beautiful day today.

I spend most of everyday inside, which is not surprising considering that I’m still at high school, but the problem extends past there.

Writing is something that takes sitting in one place for a very long time. Because of things like weather and changing light and temperature, this place is usually inside. Being human beings, we are delicate creatures, and so this place that we sit is probably going to be somewhere comfortable, sheltered, and distraction free. Well for me, this is usually my floor. Since we had the carpet redone, it has been a lot more comfortable to sit on, and so on my floor I go.

But today, like many of the last few days that make up the end of winter, it has been beautiful. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, the ever more overgrown greenery is green, and I’m even coming around to the rather short haircut I got a week and a half ago. So here I am, on my computer, outside.

I have always have a mixed relationship with the outside. I love how it is soft and gentle, and doesn’t laugh when you trip over flat ground. But I also don’t like the freezing winds, the roasting sun beams or the abundance of insect life that can kill you. In case I haven’t relayed you the facts, Andrew you might be slightly safer over to the East, but Dan, you and I live on a continent with 4 out of the 5 most dangerous snakes and 23 out of 25 of the most dangerous spiders in the world. Granted, we are much better off when it comes to diseases, but still, we’re like ‘Pandora’ from ‘Avatar,’ everything can kill you.

However, I’m safely on our back deck, so I think I’m out of the immediate danger.

But here’s my recommendation to you two, get outside every chance that you get. It can seem like our lives are spent in stuffy, dark, closed off spaces with only artificial light, but this doesn’t have to be the case. Any time it’s a nice day, or the sun is shining, or there’s a slight breeze, pick yourselves up and go outside. It can inspire you to get far more work done, and feel good while doing it.

And I’ve discovered this, fresh air is like a natural, instantaneous detox for your lungs from all the stuffy, cramped, musty air that you’re used to.

Theme Of The Week
            What is your favorite kind of weather? Mine is described above, but just to recap: When it is warm, a slight breeze, the sun is out and it’s a clear sky.

Favorite Song Of The Moment
            ‘Dirty Paws,’ by ‘Of Monsters and Men’ on their album ‘My Head Is An Animal.’ Not to steal your previous answer Dan, but when Andrew mentioned we had to do a song from an actual album, this was the first album I went to. It’s a pretty fantastic song, and the perfect way to introduce the band.

Still working on that chapter by the way

Till the next two days


R. A. Lyons.

No comments:

Post a Comment