Wednesday 4 September 2013

36 - AL 10 - Anniversaries

Happy 10th Blog Everyone!!

I know that you two reached that milsestone a few weeks, but I think it’s more significant for me.

Here I am, sitting in my favorite kind of weather, cool but not cold, and occasionally bucketing down rain, when air is fresh and crisp and there is a nice breeze; and I’m thinking to myself how odd this milestone is.

I wrote the first blog with every intention of never writing a second, but then I kept reading your blogs and so I kept writing them. It’s now just something I do. I wake up on Thursdays, read both of your blogs, do a bit of thinking about the theme of the week, and then write a blog at some point in the day. The fact that I’ve now written ten of them, over the last 9 weeks, is a profound surprise for myself.

But instead of spinning this into some kind of self appraisal, I’m instead turning this into praise of you two. You are both writers, and so putting words onto page is something innately built into you. But for me, I can’t relate to that aspect of the blog, so it’s instead been a lot of insight into the two of you, and into being a writer.

It’s a lot like writing music, but with completely different tools of the trade. You kind of have to know what you’re meant to write, and then channel your thoughts and feelings and experience into it. It’s not just putting words onto page, its expressing something. And as the two of you know, I’m not a highly expressive person, in fact I’m somewhat emotionally muted unless I’m provoked into anger, But writing this blog with you two has taught me a lot about expressing yourself. Through singing and music playing, and reading your short films Dan, and just how to go about presenting yourself.

So on this, the 10th blog, I officially, on the record, want to say thank you for forcing me to write this blog. I enjoy it, and I feel closer to you two, and I’m very grateful.

So, with that sentimental drivel out of the way

Present Time!

That was a tense exciting short film Dan, I’m looking forward to reading a next chapter. Maybe you can just write the whole film in short film bits? Then you’ll fulfill the challenge and have a finished script to make into a movie.

On another note.

My next song is about three brothers who build competing lemonade stands in a cul-de-sac. Its got many hateful looks and sabotages in it, and is kind of like a ballad, partly why it’s about 8 minutes long. But I finally use more than two intruments.

Also, Dan, I thought of your idea a while ago, because as I’ve said, I’m not a great singer. And I do know a few signers, but they’re generally work on a ‘being paid’ basis, and are quite busy people. It’s ultimately been easier to sing them myself, even though this lowers the overall quality of the song. The things is, I’ve always enjoyed singing, and being funny, and writing songs for singers, so this is just an overall enjoyable pass time. However, if anyone starts actually listening, then I’ll work on getting some actual singers to sing them.

I look forward to write many more blogs with you two.


Andrew Lyons.

No comments:

Post a Comment