Tuesday 3 September 2013

35 - DL 12 - Down The Barrel Of Fun

R. A. you are a thief

Favorite Song Of The Moment
            ‘Little Talks’ by ‘Of Monsters and Men’ from their album ‘My Head Is An Animal.’ A fantastically sung duet by the two lead singers (whose names I’m not even going to try and type, let alone say.) The instrumentation is also fantastic, being upbeat and lively and really full sounding. Andrew, maybe you can elaborate, but I tend to notice if music doesn’t really sound full enough, and it kinda distracts me.

R. A., you are a thief because you stole my favorite song of the moment, and you stole two thirds of my favorite kind of weather.

Theme of the week

My favorite kind weather is when it’s hot. Not blistering, or mirage causing, but just when there is not a trace of cold lingering around. When the sun is hot, and the wind is hot, and the pools and oceans are warm, and all you need is shorts and t-shirt and you’re set. The sky is blue, and it is bright and sunny, and all the colors are vibrant. It’s the kind of thing I try to get into films, the feeling of something, more than the look. Although if it looks great, it certainly helps.

PRESENT TIME!
Andrew, something just occurred to me. You compose, record and mix music, which means you must know singers. Your songs are currently sitting on private mode so that only R. A. and I (and you) can hear them, but you could probably just get the singers to sing a rough version, and stick that over the song, then we can put them on public mode and see the listeners flock in. How does that sound?

R. A., all I can suggest is that you don’t pressure yourself. When I’m trying to get creative writing done, and I’m forcing myself, nothing good ever comes of it. Just relax, do other things, and then when inspiration strikes, be ready.

What have I been up to lately you may ask?

Well, I normally have a social life as bustling and busy as a glacier, but lately me my UNI crew (they hate when I refer to us by any group name) have been running all over, filming out major projects. Not only does this take up the entire of most days, and sometimes the entire of nights, but there is also the after time. Filming is stressful, and the amount of euphoria you feel when you finish is inversely proportional to the stress. So we have gotten into the habit of making ourselves as stressed and as frantically rushed as possible, and then celebrating when we finish.

In the last three weeks, we have gone out drinking not fewer than seven times, and I have only been in my UNI dorm like half of those nights. It has been amazing and fun and exciting, and stressful, and is everything I love about filmmaking. Frantic deadlines, limited chance of quality end result, and getting incredibly close with the people you are working with.

Overall, it’s been quite fun.

Andrew, till tomorrow.


Daniel Lyons.

No comments:

Post a Comment