Saturday 6 July 2013

2 - RAL - Names

Hello there Elderly Brother.

Dan, there are a few things I don’t mind being called. I don’t mind being called my name or its contraction R. A., I am neutral to the name Ral-man, and quite fond of simply being called Lyons, but a name I don’t harbor any fondness for, at all, is baby brother. I am 17, and therefore am not a baby anymore. And you are too old to be calling me that anyway, you’re 21. Elderly brother, that’s pretty old. But apart from that, I can only lament and agree that a computer crash is nothing short of hell. I’m pretty sure the daily phone calls you and Andrew have gotten from me over the last week is sign enough. But, at least, unlike you, I’m now taking proactive steps instead of sitting and whining about it. I now have two 1 terabyte hard-drives sitting on my desk, one for essential documents, and the other for everything. It is a strategy I highly suggest you use, and Andrew should as well if he reads this.

As for this blog project, knowing our attention spans I think it’s something we could achieve. After all, I remember sitting through 'Gone With The Wind' for mom's birthday that time, and in the end she was fast asleep, and we were the ones awake and waiting anxiously for Rhett Butler to leave without giving a damn. But we have to make this reasonable, only one entry a week is good, partly because we’re busy, and partly because not that much interesting stuff for us to write about every day. Also, what’s our formula going to be? It seems like we’re just having a conversation, but that’ll run dry, so maybe we should have weekly topics. Like pets, or food, or movies coming out? That way we’re at least at least talking about similar things. What do you think should be in each blog? Start with talking about the topic, and about each other, then the middle section about whatever we’re working on, and then ending with some sort of challenge or question for a different one of us to answer? I think that’d work, it’d have good flow, and make it easy to read.

And speaking of good flow, Dan, I think you have a great mentality about the whole computer crash thing. We may have lost all of our best work, and possibly a job and being published a bit sooner in the process, but it is a perfect time to learn from that work and start producing even better stuff. On that note, here’s my first challenge for you Dan, you have to write a short film, that’s not about monsters, by the time you post your next blog. I think that’s a reasonable challenge for now.

Till then.
R. A. Lyons.


No comments:

Post a Comment