Thursday 11 July 2013

9 - AL2 - Present Time!

So I have now actually read all of the previous bogs and figured out a couple of important things. Well not important as much as interesting, and not so much interesting as, ‘of mild amusement to us.’ First is that, at the rate that we’re writing blogs, we could have a complete novel written in roughly a year. The second is that in my first blog, which I happened to write when I was tired, overworked, dehydrated and boiling hot even though it’s winter, I think I came across a little grouchy. Dan and R. A., you both sounded pretty friendly, so I’ve decided to introduce an idea that I got from my microwave.

Present Time!

I bought a cheap microwave form some place I can’t remember, figuring that microwaves are designed to last. Well the truth is that some parts of the microwave are meant to last. Specifically the radiation emitting parts, and not the light, or door seal or screen. So my screen starting bugging up, and when I went to get a 10 hour old cup of coffee from it, I could have sworn the screen read ‘Present Time’ right before I opened the door. I couldn’t check this because it went back to the time after that. 
But I know what I saw!

Present time is just a repackaging of how you two challenge each other, not changing that aspect of it, since I kinda wish one of you would challenge me to do something, cause that seems like the only way that I’d get anything done. But what ‘Present Time!’ is, is the challenger giver reading the work that has been posted up, and giving honest, critical feedback on it. I know that it’s very hard to do as brothers, but I think it’ll give a lot more insight into how each of us think, and challenge us to work harder for each other’s gain. That way, it’s kinda of like giving each other a present, as a reward for completing a challenge. At least it makes sense in my mind, and I really just wanted to get my glitchy microwave involved in the blog.

Present Time!
R. A., you haven’t posted anything up yet, so I’m looking out for that. But Daniel, you have managed to post up two short films, which I grabbed before the shift to google blogger. Now I must confess, I read that one film you sent me, the one about the guy stuck in the house, and you thought it might be a music video, but also might be some kind of video game adaptation, but I haven’t read any of the dozen or so scripts you’ve sent me since then. I’m sorry, but to those of us less informed about how screenplays work, they are kind of a chore. But, I have done some reading on how film scripts are formatted, and now feel up to the challenge. I’ve actually read the ‘Torturors/Lovers’ script already. It’s pretty good. It’d be a great student film, and I can see plenty of cinematic camerawork and sound and lighting opportunities. However, it is a bit student filmy. I’ll work on describing that better. What’s happening is quite high concept, as in it can be described very directly, so doesn’t have much substance. So for your next script, make sure you’ve got an idea running under it, break away from the student film feel of this one. I’ll read the ‘Harry Potter fans on a train’ one soon, and comment on that next Thursday.


R. A., I’ll read from you on Monday. Dan, till Wednesday, and keep up the good work.

Andrew Lyons.

No comments:

Post a Comment