Thursday 11 July 2013

8 – DL 4 – Pens To Proverbial Paper

You know R. A., I feel pretty uninspired this week.

I’ve stumbled onto taking longer train trips than normal to get places, thinking I would get more done. But it’s usually so cold outside and so hot in the train, that I usually end up boiling hot, cramped up with a heap of other people, and feeling kind of down. And people say they get their best work done on trains... Although, temperature aside, the train is a nice place to work. There's a constant amount of visual and audio stimulation, and your thoughts tend to be more focused and organised. But like any writer can tell you, the most creatively stimulating environment can sometimes simply come up short. There’s a topic for next week, how do you trick yourself into being creative and getting some writing done? Same goes for you Andrew, you must write your music somewhere.

As for ‘Me Head Is An Animal,’ I’m afraid I wasn’t so honorable as you: R. A., and have just been listening to the album on youtube. My favorite is definitely ‘Dirty Paws,’ and not just because I have a bias against the songs that are released as singles. Although according to Wikipedia, ‘Dirty Paws’ did get a small release as a single. It’s a fantastic introduction to the sound and style of the band, and has a lovely escalation and tells a charming little story. Though it took me a few listens before I figured out what all the lyrics are. Something I’m incredibly impressed by is the harmony between the two lead singers. There’s the male part and female part, and they are both youthful, expressive voices, and they sing in perfect tune and harmony. Or at least, perfect by my standards. I’d have to ask you for more information Andrew. But they sing in perfect time and pitch, and with the same inflections that must have taken plenty of practice to get right. The album is, overall, pretty excellent. It has such a great sound, and even without the lyrics it sounds great. ‘Dirty Paws,’ ‘Mountain Sound,’ ‘Little Talks,’ ‘King and Lionheart,’ and pretty much all of the songs sound great. Makes me wish I could sing, but not all of us can be you Andrew, although I win cause I know how to play the piano, and you, my composer older brother, do not.

Anyway, since moving to google blogger cause, y’know, it’s free and looks great and stuff, I’m having trouble putting PDF’s up, but I’ll figure something out in the next few days, and get my scripts available for you to look at. I’m afraid that I haven’t been ale to look at your chapter outline R. A., but I have no way to do so now, so I guess I get a reprieve, but I will read it once it’s up again.

Andrew, you have no challenges, and this seems unfair. I have a to write a short film every week, and R. A., has to pretend he’s writing his novels. It makes me wonder… What can we make you do? I know you’re a composer but I don’t know if you have any way of actually showing that. Or at least, showing that on google blogger. Also, you have dodged around whether you’ve started regularly backing up your computer every time I ask you on email, so get back to me on that.

So R. A., I think that brings me more or less up date. Andrew, I’ll hear from you tomorrow.

Daniel Lyons.



No comments:

Post a Comment